Saturday, January 29, 2011

Roid Rage ... Steroids, my new favorite creation

Thank God for steroids. Since Monday of this week, my throat has become increasingly sore. Thursday I was told it was just a large amount of post nasal drip (yum!) and was given a prescription for Flonase and told to take my Claritin. I couldn't sleep last night the pain was SO bad. It was getting to the point that I was choosing to spit out my excess saliva instead of swallowing to avoid swallowing. So back to Urgent Care (or so I thought) I went. The took one look at my throat and it was decided I have Acute Pharyngitis aka Serious Sore Throat. You don't say?? At least this time the doc thought it was to the point where an infection had most certainly started and got me on antibiotics and gave me an oral steroid to reduce the swelling. The good news? I can swallow, almost pain free! Only 3 hours after the meds I got this great result. Thank God for steroids!

By the way, if you ever go to a hospital to be seen in the urgent care area... cuz you know you waited until urgent care was open to save yourself FIFTY bucks, be sure to ask that you are indeed AT urgent care and not at the ER. You can thank-me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment